Today, Centos 7 (1503) aka CentOS 7.1 has just been released.
The distribution can now be downloaded from the CentOS website.
The Release Notes explain the major changes:
- As of March 2015 ABRT (>= 2.1.11-19.el7.centos.0.1) can report bugs directly to bugs.centos.org.
- Support for new processors (Intel Broadwell) and graphics (AMD Hawaii)
- Full support for LVM cache
- Ability to mount ceph block devices
- Updated Hyper-V network drivers
- New libguestfs features
- Full support for OpenJDK-1.8.0
- Improved clock stability (for PTP and NTP)
- Updated Networkmanager packages to version 1.0
- Updated docker to 1.4.1
- Updated OpenSSH to 6.6.1
- New package: Mozilla Thunderbird
- Update to numerous storage, network and graphics drivers
- Technology Preview: Support of the Btrfs file system, OverlayFS and the Cisco VIC kernel driver.
Reminder: This version is mandatory for RHCE candidates. It brings fixes for the Samba + Kerberos objective.
A new book on RHCSA/RHCE for Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7 is available on Amazon from Asghar Ghori. Just saw it.
I wasn’t aware. Thank you.