RHCSA 7 Exam Presentation
The RHCSA exam (Red Hat Certified System Administrator), also called EX200, is a performance-based exam lasting 2 hours and half, focusing on installation and server configuration on RHEL 7 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7).
You can take the exam in a classroom setting monitored by a proctor or in a Individual Exam Session (IES) remotely monitored. A FAQ about IES is available on the Red Hat website.
Red Hat provides a FAQ about its certification program.
Red Hat exams are covered by a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement): anybody taking an exam can’t talk about it. For this reason, all quiz or sample exams in this website are based on exam objectives and not on real questions, even though the level of difficulty is similar.
After taking the exam and in the next three days, you will receive an email with your result (the pass mark is 210 out of 300). But you will never know what part you succeeded or what part you failed!
Here you will find the following resources:
- an overview of the Red Hat certification path,
- a help to choose what Linux distribution to install,
- some general information about certifications,
- the list of the RHCSA 7 objectives with their associated tutorials,
- the main differences with the previous version of the RHCSA exam,
- some RHCSA 7 requirements not listed in the objectives,
- a RHCSA 7 quiz to help you memorize some topics,
- a RHCSA 7 sample exam to get prepared for the big day,
- some test-taking techniques provided by Sander van Vugt.
You can use this website like a study guide if you’ve got already some basic Linux experiences.
RHCSA 7 Prices
For your information, here are the latest known Red Hat RHCSA 7 exam prices on March 16, 2016 per country (previous prices are between parenthesis):
- United States/Canada: $400
- Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland): €500 (€470)
- Europe (Ireland, Italy, Spain): €450 (€400)
- Europe (Czech Republic, Lithuania, Portugal): €420 (€380)
- Australia: AUD 650 (inc GST) (AUD 715)
- China: 2,100 CNY
- Hong-Kong: 1,680 HKD
- Indonesia: 2,700,000 IDR
- Israel: $500
- Japan: 36,000 JPY (excl.tax)
- Korea: ₩280,000 (140,000 KRW)
- Mexico: $550
- New Zealand: 700 NZD
- Philippines: 14,000 PHP
- Singapore: 700 SGD
- South Africa: $500
- Taiwan: 6,800 TWD
- Thailand: 15,000 THB
- UAE: $500
- United Kingdom: £450 excl tax (£410)