In addition to the official RHCSA exam objectives, a successful candidate needs to satisfy the following requirements:
- Set up a virtualization environment (a ‘lab’ to get hands-on experience),
- Configure a NFS file server (to test NFS client and Autofs configuration),
- Configure a LDAP directory service for user connection (to test the LDAP client configuration),
- Deploy additional SELinux man pages (useful when a service doesn’t work as expected),
- Debug network services (this could be useful before and after the exam),
- Get a good typing speed (time is running out),
- Know the differences between RHEL 7 versions (useful for the exam).