At the Red Hat annual summit the main planned features of RHEL 7.4 were disclosed.
You can find them in a dedicated page.
In addition, as of today, the RHEL 7.4 Beta has been released. Release notes are available here.
Also, new interesting Red Hat summit presentations were published this week:
- Practical SELinux: Writing Custom Application Policy,
- Security of Cryptography in RHEL,(I don’t know why this presentation doesn’t talk about the 1.0.2k OpenSSL upgrade planned in RHEL 7.4)
- Identity and Access Management: Choosing the right tool for the right job.
Similarly, new Red Hat summit videos were released:
- Mastering deployments with Kubernetes & OpenShift (64 min),
- Choosing the right storage for your OpenStack cloud (38 min),
- NVMe over Fabrics: High-performance SSDs networked over ethernet (48 min),
- Securing your container supply chain (30 min),
- Deploying Couchbase in Red Hat OpenShift with Kubernetes StatefulSets at Amadeus (46 min),
- MicroProfile: Optimizing Java EE for a microservices architecture (34 min),
- Monitoring Java application performance using Thermostat (48 min),
- Reactive systems with Eclipse Vert.x and Red Hat OpenShift (45 min).
Of particular interest for exam candidates two labs were published:
Finally, several technical articles were recently posted:
- Ten layers of container security,
- Deploying CloudForms at Scale,
- Devops with OpenShift,
- AWS and Red Hat – Digging a Little Deeper,
- Kubernetes deep dive: API Server – part 1,
- Auto Scaling,
- Best Cloud Tools for Infrastructure Automation,
- Breaking up the Container Monolith,
- CPU Utilization is Wrong,
- Truly Seemless Reloads with HAProxy – No more Hacks!
- Kubernetes: The smart person’s guide,
- It takes more than a Circuit Breaker to create a resilient application,
- Quick reference for the Foreman installation under CentOS 7,
- NetworkManager changes and improvements,
- Basic Best Practices for Securing LDAP and Active Directory with Red Hat,
- What’s new in Red Hat OpenStack Platform 11?,
- Fighting Service Latency in Microservices with Kubernetes,
- Accelerate EDB Postgres Advanced Server with HPE Persistent Memory on HPE ProLiant servers,
- WannaCry Ransomware: Who It Affected and Why It Matters.
Happy reading, watching, and labbing!