Yesterday, there was a live chat organized by Red Hat on Twitter.
The subjects were RHEL 7 training and certifications.
Here is a retranscription:
- RHCSAv6 & RHCEv6 exams are available until December, the 19th but availability varies by location.
- According to location, RHCSAv6 & RHCEv6 can still be taken in exam centers or only in kiosk/onsite.
- A candidate with a current or future RHCSAv6 can become RHCEv7 by passing the RHCEv7 exam only.
- Red Hat recommends taking the RHCE Certification Lab, available as classroom, virtual training, & online, before taking the RHCEv7.
- According to location, a RHCEv5 can get a 50% discount to take both RHCSAv6 et RHCEv6.
- The RHCEv7 changes (4 hours instead of 2, more topics, etc) have been made based on input and guidance of Red Hat Certified Professionals.
- All kiosk exam environments are entirely local (no latency) and keyboards can be remapped if a localized keyboard is not already available.
- Other courses will be updated to RHEL 7 before the end of this year.
- It is still possible to (re)download a certificate/transcript (“Red Hat hereby certifies…”) for a RHCEv5.
- Courses on RHEL 7 have already started in North America.
- UK kiosk is available in Farnborough and a new London location is looked for.
- The opening of a kiosk in Poland is under consideration.
- RHEL 7 training material should be available in French within the Summer.