Even though the RHEL 6 distribution is not used for the main exams anymore (since February 28, 2015 for the RHCSA & RHCE exams, since July 22, 2015 for the LFCS & LFCE exams, except if you bought the exam vouchers before the respective dates), it remains critical for many companies.
The RHEL 6.7 release brings the following main benefits:
- it makes hardening a server easier through some SCAP security guide improvements and the new scap-workbench package,
- it can use Red Hat Access Insights through a Red Hat hosted service to proactively identify and resolve technical issues,
- it gets the new clufter package that contains a tool for transforming and analyzing cluster configuration formats, useful when preparing cluster migration,
- it adds the new lshw package that includes a utility providing detailed information on the hardware configuration of a machine,
- finally, it provides 242 packages freshly updated.